Issue No. 0050
We kick off the year with a spectacular issue profiling the inscrutable yet fascinating personality, André Balazs.
André Balazs Properties owns and operates eight hotels in the US, including properties in New York, Miami and Los Angeles. His residential projects include 40 Mercer Residences in Soho, designed by architect Jean Nouvel; One Kenmare Square with Richard Gluckman and William Beaver House designed by Calvin Tsao.
This issue will focus on the creative side of his work, paying attention to the way he 'pays attention' to details, his inspirations, as well as some of his obsessions.
In addition, we chose Andrew Holder to work on a series of illustrations of André's prestigious and most well known properties for a series of four Surface Mats. One of each that will accompany each issue edition. The signed Surface Mats are useable as a table, desk top accessory or suitable for framing.
James Truman (excerpt)
- 7.5 x 10 In. (19.5 x 25.4 cm) * New size for 2009
- 112 pages + covers
- Four color offset printed, perfect bound
- Silk screened André Balazs logo poly bag
- FSC Certified papers
- Hand packaged & numbered ltd. edition of 1500
- One signed Andrew Holder illustrated Surface Mat affixed to cover (removable)
- Featuring: Chateau Marmont, Sunset Beach, Standard Hollywood, Standard New York